- Follow mekong watch: Burma/Myanmar on WordPress.com
- Will the Dawei Economic Zone Benefit the People of Myanmar?
- Petition to JICA on Tanintharyi Region Development Plan
- Legal Framework for SEZs in Myanmar insufficient to protect human rights: ICJ Report
- Dawei SEZ Fact Sheet Available
- [MW Statement] Premature JICA Decision Violates Environmental Guidelines
Category Archives: Opinion Pieces
Is the Dawei Special Economic Zone paving the way to environmental disaster? An article by a Mekong Watch researcher, published on the Mekong Commons website, begins with this question. The article provides information on the local situation and some of the environmental … Continue reading
(Update on trespassing charge) Burma (Myanmar) Thilawa SEZ: Is waiting for appropriate resettlement measures and compensation equivalent to trespassing?
Translation of 26 Oct 2014 Mekong Watch Japanese blog post by Abante. PHOTO: Last home remaining in the Phase 1 area “I still live here even after the police charged me with trespassing. But I’m more anxious now. If I … Continue reading